Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Day After the Fire

Below is the view I woke up to this morning (currently the fire is 10 miles away in the hills of Brea, Anaheim, and Yorba Linda); my prayers go out to the people who have lost homes in the fire. 

Winds are not as bad today, which should help control the fires.

The Orange County Register has been doing a good job keeping track of the fire...follow this link if you are interested. They also have regularly updated information about damage.

Those interested in the libraries around the area...none are currently threatened, but both the Richard Nixon Library (in Yorba Linda) and the East Hills Library (in Anaheim Hills) were closed because of the smoke conditions. I have not yet heard about the Yorba Linda Public Library, but it's near the Nixon library, so it probably has.
 



1 comment:

sarahatmetrowest@gmail.com said...

I have family in Northridge and they were evacuated during the last fire. I can't imagine how scary it must be to be in the middle of that. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in SoCal.