Friday, January 4, 2008

Favorite Movies of the Year

Once
There's no happy ending, there's no great plot, there's no spectacular dialog; and that's why it's such a beautiful and intimate movie...it feels like life. And the soundtrack is also awesome!

I'm Not There
I'm still trying to figure out what the heck this movie was about. I left the theater confused, and I'm still confused. But I still, strangely, enjoyed it. It's like a Dylan song. You can enjoy it on so many different levels. And like a Dylan song, if you look at it as a whole it may sound good, but it's still a puzzle waiting to be solved. I'll be solving this for quite some time.

Children of Men
How has Alvin and the freakin' Chipmunks made nearly 100 million dollars, and this movie only made 35? This movie was not only the one of the best of the year, it is one of the best movies of all time! Everything about it cried greatness...from the acting, to the cinemotraphy, to the camera angles. If all movies were this good, I might actually go to the theater more then once every three or four months and see them.

Bourne Ultimatum
Is it really over! Please tell me it's not so! There's so many more places to go.

Ladrón que roba a ladrón
All I knew about this movie going in was it had been called the Mexican Ocean's 11. If that doesn't sell you, then probably nothing else I say well. This movie had it all! Romance, charm, wit, mystery, suspense, and a crazy Mexican infomercial star!

No comments: